FB Page

Readers' Choice Finalist

o.htm

You're Following Me!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I Love the 80s

We were fortunate to spend another fun family weekend at Camp Victory Junction last weekend.

The theme was "I love the 80s!" How fun for me since I grew up in the 80s :) We were originally on a wait list to attend. A week before camp we found out another family couldn't attend so I didn't have much time to figure out our 80s outfits, but I think we managed ok with what we had.

Joe and I pegged our jeans and I scrunched up some big socks. An off-the-shoulder shirt with a big black belt and a side ponytail completed my look. It was easy to throw together Kayla's outfit- bright colors, denim jacket, big belt. Lucas was a little harder, but athletic/track pants seemed to be big for boys and he wore a shirt with ADIDAS since that was a popular brand.

I was disappointed with my hair though and that I no longer have the type of hair (ie no bangs!) to curl and tease and make big - haha!

We had a nice weekend away and I enjoyed not having to figure out meals for a couple of days and also not having to worry about what Kayla can eat. They accommodate for dietary needs.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you all had fun!! and love the 80"s look!! :} yea, the teased front bangs were quite the fashion statement! and not having to worry about fixing meals for a coupe of days ,is just wonderful. love mom

Adelaide Dupont said...

I remember when athletic track pants were big for boys - and girls too.

Then leggings became awesome in the mid-1990s.

And Kayla's outfit would have been stunning and great to dance in.

And also the skate look and the multi-colours were big.

As for eighties hair: I don't know that I was much of a fan. I loved rainbow wigs from agricultural fairs though.

And now you can get all into it again with STRANGER THINGS. There is another cool female character coming in for season 2.