It's the 10th anniversary of "31 for 21" and blogging each day in Oct for Down Syndrome Awareness Month!
Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 years of this annual tradition. If I were more organized I'd host some kind of big party on my blog, but I'm not, so there you go. I'm just the host and this is where you sign up and add your name/blog to the list of participating bloggers.
I feel like most people know the drill by now; however there are babies being born with Down syndrome each year and thus new bloggers participating each year. For those that are wondering what "31 for 21" is and how to participate here is the my annual "what to know" blog post.
- Down syndrome is 3 copies of the 21st chromosome (in medical terms it is Trisomy 21, frequently shortened to T21).
- October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- There are 31 days in Oct
- Blog every day (31) in Oct to raise awareness/acceptance about Down syndrome (T21)
- So ... 31 for 21 Blog Challenge
A couple of guidelines:
- You don't have to blog about Down syndrome every day; just blog every day about whatever you want
- You should mention, at least once, that you are participating in "31 for 21"
- You don't have to be a parent, or grandparent, of someone with Down syndrome to participate
- Grab the button and post it somewhere on your blog or in a blog post
- Sign Mr Linky so other bloggers can see all the participants
- Meet new bloggers
- Use #31for21 on social media
- Spread the word
- Have fun!
Grab This Button