Yesterday was the first day of Autumn.
The change in season brings cooler weather. Sweaters. Pumpkin patches. Corn mazes. Colored, falling and raking leaves. Fall-flavored spiced teas. Halloween.
Fall also means Buddy Walk time. And National Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
And, of course, that annual crazy-fun time of the 31 for 21 Blog Challenge.
For the back story on the annual challenge, and how I came to host it, read here.
By now I think most people know all about the challenge, what "31 for 21" stands for, what the challenge is, what to do etc. But for the new bloggers out there here is a quick summary:
- Trisomy 21 is 3 copies of the 21st chromosome (ie Down syndrome).
- Oct is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- There are 31 day is Oct
- Blog every day in Oct (31) to raise awareness of Down syndrome (T21)
- So ... 31 for 21 Blog Challenge
A couple of guidelines:
- You don't have to blog about Down syndrome every day; just blog every day about whatever you want
- You should mention, at least once, that you are participating in "31 for 21"
- You don't have to be a parent, or grandparent, of someone with Down syndrome to participate
- Grab the button and post somewhere on your blog or in a blog post
- Sign Mr Linky so other bloggers can see all the participants
- Meet new bloggers (there were about 170 last year!)
- If you tweet, use #31for21
Grab This Button