It's been 10 months since my dad passed away.
I knew there would be things I would miss out on sharing with him; little and big things with his grandkids he wouldn't be around to witness.
I knew there would be all those 'firsts' to get through - his birthday, holidays, etc.
While there has been a lot of good things for us this year ... it has not been without pause. Each celebration has been bittersweet for me.
- Lucas learned to ride a bike without training wheels
- Lucas learned to tie his shoes
- Kayla learned to ride a bike with training wheels
- Kayla made her 'catwalk' debut in the Global Down Syndrome Foundation's Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show
- Lucas graduated from preschool
(I can picture his comments on Facebook saying how proud Pepere is of them, and how beautiful Kayla looked at the fashion show).
- Joe completed his first marathon
... and the every day things I've missed discussing with, and hearing my dad's commentary on:
- The Red Sox hot start to the baseball season
- The change in managers, and players, for the Red Sox (I think he would be happy with the team, and manager, the Sox are fielding this year)
- The Celtics fading in the playoffs and what their prospects are for next year
- The Bruins having a 3-1 series lead over the Maple Leafs and needing OT in Game 7 to win and advance to Round 3
- The Pacers taking the Heat to Game 7
So bittersweet ... not being able to share moments with him anymore ...