“This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.”
This post is the third, and final, post of the MetLife TRICARE Ambassador Program. Over the past few months I shared about the change in premiums and dental issues affecting children. For this last post I will be highlighting some facts from the program.
March is "Did You Know" month from the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. During this month MetLife is reiterating the benefits of the TRICARE Dental Program.
In case you are new to the military and don't know about the benefits of this dental program, here are several things to be aware of:
- This program has one of the largest civilian dental networks with over 250,000 dental locations (there is bound to be a dentist in your area who is part of this network - family dentists as well as pediatric dentists). This is a big plus to have so many dental offices in network since military family can not get dental care on military bases.
- Despite the fact that family members can not use on-base dental offices, families are NOT automatically enrolled in the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program; this is completely separate from your TRICARE medical enrollment. Enrollment in the dental program is voluntary ... and can be easily done online, by phone (1-855-638-8371), or filling out the enrollment form and mailing it in (or faxing it to 1-855-763-1337).
- Some benefits of the program are knowing that the annual premiums are competitively prices, no annual deductibles or co-payments, and having low, or even no-cost share on many of the dental services - which include preventative and diagnostic.
- Here is something I wasn't aware of: The program has an Accidental Annual Maximum of $1200 per beneficiary per plan year which can help you be prepared for any unexpected tooth injuries that might occur! Treatment and services may be covered and this annual maximum is separate from the $1300 plan annual maximum per beneficiary per plan year.
- The MetLife TRICARE Dental Program will coordinate with another supplemental dental insurance carrier, but it's always a good idea to compare other plans to the TDP.
You can find additional resources from the TDP on Facebook and Twitter.